Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Van update and cooking

Did work on the van. New text and pictures here: Interior Design

Also new pics and text on the page one back from interior design - use the navigation menu to get there.

~~~~~~~~~

Mom entrusted me with a 13 pound turkey today. When I insisted I don't know how to do whole birds, she told me to look it up in a book, and left for the day.

I do the dishes every other night in rotation with Peter. Tonight is his dish night. I went hog wild in the kitchen. :-) So far I've made a pecan pie and pumpkin pie with homemade lard crusts, bread stuffing with sauteed veggies, and brewed ice tea. I've been basting the turkey every half an hour. Soon I'll make mashed potatoes, gravy, deviled eggs, and the recipe on the back of the cranberry bag - you whir up the cranberries with a whole orange and a bunch of sugar. Mmmmmmmm. I'm still undecided on bread products - what form would make the most dishes? Rolls, loaves, or maybe I'll try my hand at cresents...

Hopefully mom will feel perkier when she gets back. She's been at the hospital since 9am, getting two blood transfusions. Her iron level is 8.8 - anything 8 and under is considered to be immanently life threatening.

She's had about 20+ blood transfusions in her life. Every time she gets another, they have to type her blood and find blood that won't have antibodies that will react to all of the ones floating around in hers from the other transfusions.

No comments: