Tuesday, March 23, 2004

...Continued from below

Mom and I went on a roadtrip shortly after I wrote the entry previous to this. We've been needing frequent escapes the deeper we get into this whole mess. It's fun, though :-)

We got ourselves lost in a different National Forest this time. I turned up a rutted dirt FS road and found out we were in a wolf relocation area. There were sheep corrals everywhere, and a dead coyote near the gate of one of them. It must have been shot by a sheep rancher.

We were so high up in elevation that we bumped into snow again. There were patches of it everywhere amidst the towering ponderosa pines. It started to rain when we got back down to regular elevation (about 6,000 feet). The temp dipped down to 71 degrees, and I actually felt a little chilly. I tell you, it's rough out here. :-)

We mosied over to Home Depot again and picked up more things for the house. This place has never looked better! We're putting in a mini herb garden on one side of the front porch, and lots of flowers on the other. I finished putting in the new screen door this morning. It's such a relief to be able to *open* the door without resorting to shoving and cursing to get out. One touch, and the door pops open. Ahhhh...

So anyhoo, back to my rant. My grandmother is nuts.

It's a good thing I've never felt related to her, or I'd be in tears. I'm starting to feel miffed about not being paid attention to, though. For instance....my 20th birthday was December 1st. My mom's stepmother sent me a card timed to arrive right on my birthday. Two weeks past and I still hadn't heard from my grandmother. My mom called her up and casually remarked on my recent birthday. I got a card in the mail a few days later...

While cleaning out this house, my mom and I have found piles of correspondence between Suzanne and tons of other people. She sends them cards, writes them letters longer then "Dear Wendy. Love Mom" and her email folders burgeon with lengthily correspondence. We know she pays attention to other people...Why not my mother and I?

When the docs were telling my mom she was going to die earlier this year, she told Suzanne about it. The next phone call my mom made to her, she didn't even remember.

I can be an egotistical, self serving snot sometimes, but at least I'm angelic the other 50% of the time. :-)

No comments: