Friday, April 29, 2005

Heather and Jesse are back

We've been back in VT for a couple of weeks now. I finally got around to reading all of my mail. Jeez, there's lots of it! It will take me a while to write back to everybody.

Right now Jesse and I are looking for some good jobs. We were working for a friend of his, helping build his house up in the northeast kingdom. That money tided us over for a little bit, but now we're broke again. Unfortunately part of the reason we have no money is because somebody else we worked for screwed us over. We'll have to sue if they don't cough up the money they owe us soon.

I'm slowly easing back into carpentry. My arm is still sore, but it's healing nicely. Only one of the breaks isn't completely healed...but the doc says I'm doing A+ and my progress is amazing. My bad arm is only 2 or 3 degrees off of normal when I try to straighten it out. In two months I see him again to talk about which hardware to take out. The 6 1/2" long screw is coming out, as are one or two of the plates. They took some more x-rays while I was there, which I used to gross out other people in the waiting room.

Overall life is going pretty good. I'm looking forward to making some money! I really want to get serious about saving it to buy my own land sometime in the next couple of years.

No comments: