Friday, August 06, 2004

Commentary

When I came in for breakfast and mail this morning, I had 29 new emails. Only a handful weren't comments from my blog. I should have enabled comments sooner! This is fun, like my very own soap opera. :-)

Want something else to bicker about? Let me elaborate on why I have lists for mate qualities...

I want the best male specimen I can get my paws on. Why? Well, when I eventually mate and have a kid, I want that kid to be endowed with the best genetic material it can have. I want the kid to be cute, wicked smart and talented. A lot of that relies on nurture, but having kick-ass genes in addition to wonderful parenting skills will sure give the kid a boost.

So if you look at it from that angle, I'm looking out for what's best for hummanity and the perpetuation of our species. The lists show what a true philanthropist I am.

I don't plan on having a kid for another 10 years or so. In the meantime, I intend to find a man who possesses those qualities to grow and build a life together. My current life is filled with all sorts of wonderful experiences already. Now I want somebody to share those with, work on our goals and dreams, go "Look at that!" when we see something interesting, laugh together, dream together, and get each others sarcasm and subtle humor.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your thoughts echo that of another great philantropist of the 20th century, Hitler. Good luck on creating your mini-Nazis. Perhaps when they are young for a little quality family time you can form a bicycle gang and terrorize small neighborhoods on weekends, weathering permitting of course.

Roy

Anonymous said...

Phil here...

Humor is lost on the humorless and so it would appear is pragmatism. Set goals and you know what to achieve. I personally don't know which is funnier; The personal ad for a Roadrunner, or the knucklehead who compares your quest for an ideal mate to building an Uber race. Some folks like big families, but I can't imagine anyone having a family THAT big. At least not by themselves. All at once.

Anonymous said...

I agree, humor is lost on the humorless Phil.

Anonymous said...

Hey!...can I jump in the fracas here??...last time I tuned in, Heather, you were still logging miles on the AT heading North. I was doing some "favorites" housekeeping on the computer and thought I'd check and see if the 'Hiatus' link was still active...phew!, little did I realize how the Life of Heather marches on! Needless to say I've got some catching up to do from where we "left our fair Maiden". Nice to see you're staying so active (did I really expect something other??), and charting and journaling your course. Glad to 'find' you again.
-teejay in florida

PS: I can almost see the wicked little grin of pleasure you're wearing, stirring the hornets up in cyberspace :-)

Anonymous said...

You have the most beautiful smile... I hope you find what you're looking for.

Ian

Anonymous said...

Lists are fine and goals are wonderful -- just make sure you keep adding to the lists and keep an open mind as you learn and grow. My husband is 6'-2", and used to avoid dating women who were shorter than 5'-8". I'm 5'-3". When we met, the height requirement became a lot less important... thank goodness!

Good luck to you, and have fun.

-- Esme