Thursday, October 27, 2005

Toby the big red van is gone


Heather under the hood

I found a new home for my van. A nice couple from New Jersey came up yesterday to buy it. I was kind of sad to see my van motor off without me. I learned so much about mechanics from working on it!

After getting the bill of sale notorized in town and waving bye to the people who bought Toby, I took my new bike into the local sports store. I spent 2 hours in there drooling and getting a bunch of new bike goodies installed. Clipless pedals, an under the saddle bag, tube of lube, headlight, tail light, frame pump, water bottle cage, and cycle computer. I also had a couple of spare spokes made just in case. Turns out they have a fancy spoke-making machine in the basement. They let me go down there to pick out shoes for my new pedals...WOW the place is huge! The underground section of the store takes up almost the entire city block. I had no idea the place was so big!

Everybody working there was slightly jealous as they wished me luck on my trip. I'm going to be sending them postcards along the way. I'm so excited! I can't wait to get out there on the open road. :-)

No comments: