Thursday, May 03, 2007

New pictures

I bought a new van! It's a 1985 VW Vanagon with the super duper pop up top. I just got it registered and insured two days ago, so last night I decided to take it on a camping trip.

I drove out west to Pedernales Falls SP and camped in the parking lot of their primitive sites. I had the entire place to myself.... just me, the trees, and the thunderous lightning storm that dumped 3 and 3/4 inches that night. I kept the top down and slept on the foldout bed instead. It was cool to lay on my back and look up through the skylight at the flashing lightning above.

Earlier that day, I had gone hiking around the park. It went from not raining and this light out...














... to this, in less than a minute.















6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice van, Heather! Glad to see you are back on the road. Be careful during any wicked Texas weather and try to dodge those Texas tornadoes.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new van. Good to see you writing again. Enjoy your blog.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have van jealousy. :)

Tara
www.hobostripper.com

JasperHobbs said...

Awesome van, looks in good condition

JasperHobbs said...

Does van get decent gas mileage?

Anonymous said...

Love the new van! The pics look really relaxing regardless of the rain. :o)

We REALLY do enjoy your blog... Please, keep it going!