Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Transportation

For the past two weeks, I've been driving my van instead of bicycling to work. I have to be at work at 5:30am most mornings...so it's been a nice change of pace to roll out of bed and be at work only a few minutes later. One evening I even slept in the parking lot, really cutting down on my commuting time.

Now that I have this van, gas prices actually mean something to me after 1 1/2 years. Holy cow! I'm not sure what sort of gas milage I get, as my odometer is broken. I think I've been getting about 18/gal.

I'm slowly sanding and priming away....I even picked out the final color yesterday. I'm planning on painting it on Saturday. Anybody know of a good empty lot or a field with lots of trees around it, with suitable room for spraying with a hvlp system? I can't spray in my neighborhood because the overspray travels and will stick to anything within 100 feet or so.

2 comments:

Amy E said...

Nice van Heather! I am looking for one myself. Glad you settled in Texas. I love Texas myself. My dad moved us here (South Texas) in 1980 when I was 11, and I never left. Just wanted to let you know I enjoy reading your blog.

PipeTobacco said...

Heather:

Is your VW Vanagon gasoline powered or diesel? Volkswagens are always so much fun to drive.

PipeTobacco