Thursday, April 22, 2004

Public opinions

Everybody has had moments where they think nasty thoughts, while outwardly smile and nod. A lot of people are horrified when somebody actually utters the unvarnished thoughts that're dancing around in their head. Since a lot of my life is on the web, I'm reminded of people's reaction constantly.

I'm in a better mood today. You can quit sending me snide remarks in the mail. I already know I'm a spoiled brat, thank you. It reminds me of a bumper sticker ..."I may be fat, but you're ugly, and I can diet"

I told mom that if we aren't done soon here, I'm running off to join a circus, where at least things will be calmer. She's really frustrated too. The good news is, we're nearing the end. Yay! Break out the pom poms!

I've been slapping price stickers on items and setting them up on the many tables we have in the living room. We're prepping for a big, blowout indoor sale this weekend. Everything must go! It's our goal to get all of the selling/giving away by the end of next week.

I know it's the right thing to do to be here and help my grandmother out of the quagmire of horrendous choices she's made, but still I'm frustrated. I just wish she'd start living her life in a more conscious, sane manner. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink...Today she managed to bounce the same check three times. The credit union charges $28 per bounce. Lovely.

We were going to take a vacation from the craziness and go to California to attend the PCT kickoff party, but mom came down with the flu yesterday. She's been buried under 5 blankets and chattering ever since.

Anyhoo, back to work!

No comments: