Wednesday, May 05, 2004

The end is near!

Yippie! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! We're planning to get the heck out of dodge (Concho, AZ) tomorrow or the next day.

We'll be shlepping my 9 year old cousin Samantha back to Vermont with us. You can read about her on my moms blog. I'll no longer be an only child, but I think I can cope for the couple of months she'll be with us...

It'll be fun to have somebody to do things with! We can go to the circus, run around playing dress-up, go swimming at the local holes, tear down our road on our bikes, etc etc. I'll also finally have somebody to lay the blame on when I do something bad. Telling mom the dog did it just hasn't been working lately... :-)

I'm cleaning out my room for her to have and finally moving into my own house. How adult of me! It's been a long time coming.

The poll results have shown that an overwhelming majority of you guys want me to go back to work as a carpenter and get the van running. (I'll post the numbers when I find them again) The plan then is to buckle up my toolbelt and work my butt off. I want enough money to get my van in tip top shape and insured (<$2,000), sock away enough for taxes ($2,000) and save up for my 5,000+ mile hike ($6,000 or so).

Off to pack!

No comments: