Monday, May 03, 2004

Going Home

We've held an indoor sale for the past two days to get enough money to go home on. Everything in this house now sports a price sticker. We try to sell it even if it is nailed down.

Today we sold the flagpole out front, some shelves that were screwed to the wall, and shutters from the window, among other things.

Today I made an almond cake with cream cheese frosting. I had my aunt bring over the beaters for the cream cheese because we had sold all of the utensils already. I had to swipe the bundt pan from the sale table and peel off the price sticker to have something to bake it in. Upcoming meals are going to be on the creative side as we use up the last of the food in the house....

For lunch I steamed the last of the frozen tamales using crumpled up aluminum foil in place of the steamer basket. Worked good.

AOL hasn't been letting my mother or I respond to email. Pretty soon we won't even be able to look at it, because the power, internet and other things haven't been paid for this month. Anyhoo, off to bed. It's been a long day.

No comments: