Friday, October 17, 2003

Soulmates

I want to know without a doubt that I'll find and live happily ever after with my soulmate sometime in the future, when I'm ready. In the meantime, I'd like to live blissfully and without a care in the world...knowing my soulmate really is out there, and will arrive at the right moment.

While on that thought train, I'd like to suddenly become independently wealthy and have every ounce of my time free to devote to learning to rock climb, building a sailboat, building another cute house, writing a few books, traveling Asia and New Zealand, become the star of an acapella group, finally learn to draw realistically, tour the US by bicycle, foot, and Harley, build a multi story treehouse, work as a chef in an exquisite restraunt with an unlimited budget, give running a marathon a whirl, hike the Eastern Continental Trail, the Pacific Crest Trail, the Continental Divide Trail, the Superior Hiking Trail, get a pilot's license, buy houses to remodel and sell at a huge profit, do the same thing with vintage automobiles, practice firefighting out west, learn mushing in Alaska, and actually finish all of the projects I've already gotten myself in to.

But back to that soulmates thing. I really don't want a relationship now or anytime in the near future. Too busy. Have other things to concentrate on. Instead, I'd like somebody to talk, banter, converse, argue, debate, orate, and snuggle with when needed. Best of both worlds. Keep the intellect fresh and sparkly, and get the tender physical contact we all crave - without the pitfalls and hurdles of a romantic relationship. I guess a nice gay guy would fit the bill. Now where would I find one...

No comments: