Saturday, June 12, 2004

Goings on

I woke up at 5am today to the sound of what I thought was mom pushing the intercom beep button. I stumbled out of bed and almost fell off the loft before I realized it was just the mourning doves outside my window.

Mom, Sam and I packed up early and went to Barre for the annual kids fishing derby. Sam got four nibbles, but no fish.




Only a few kids reeled in fish but everybody went away with a prize.






Sam was the kid from furthest away, so she got the first choice of prizes. She picked out a nifty net.

On our way home we stopped at a few garage sales. I stayed for more than an hour to talk to a guy at one of them. We went upstairs to check out the farm website and for him to show me his. Turns out he had already been to the farm years before!

When he asked me out, I pulled up my boyfriend application and jokingly told him he had to fill it out first. When I got home an hour later, it was already waiting for me. He's the first applicant to actually fill out the references form. He deserves some gold stars just for that. :-)

Sam wore the new dress-up clothes she got at a sale today to bike across the street and go swimming.



When we got to the pond, she did some posing.



I did some posing of my own.

No comments: