Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Random things about Heather

The clouds exited stage right and made way for glorious blue skies today. I savored the unexpected good weather and cleared 6 more beds and a bunch of tires.

Mom went in to have her blood transfusion today. She said she'd call me right back the last time we talked, so I hung up and waited. When I answered the phone, I did so by saying "Hello..." In a sultry voice. The guy on the other end of the line stammered. I had to quickly explain I was expecting somebody else. That sounded bad, so I explained that it was my mother I was expecting. That sounded horrible! The only thing that would have made it worse is if the guy I have a crush on had been the one calling.

occasionally I'll answer the phone, "Satan speaking, who in Hell do you want?" or "Heather's mortuary, you stab 'em we slab 'em". It weeds out the people with no sense of humor. It's a good first step for people who're calling about being farm apprentices. It's a bad sign if they don't laugh.


Because I have nothing else of note to talk about tonight, I figured I'd list some random things about myself. Nothing like blatant narcissism. :-)

Random things you may not have known about Heather:

1. I had never eaten a corn dog until May of this year.
2. My initials are HAM.
3. I'm addicted to chocolate with orange rind and spices in it.
4. I know how to knit.
5. My favorite book of all-time is "Even Cowgirls Get The Blues" By Tom Robbins.
6. I'm an Ordained Clergy Person.
7. My favorite song is "The Obvious Child" By Paul Simon.
8. I harbor a fantasy of Harvard University giving me totally free tuition, books, and an expense account to go on trips with.
9. I don't talk much in real life.
10. I feel like I haven't done much with my life yet.

No comments: