Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Holy application, Batman!

Last night I filled out an application online for a grocery store job. It was 70 pages long. Wow! And I thought the one I had filled out yesterday for a sports store was longish, at 4 pages. Now I cross my fingers and hope I get one of those two jobs - they're my top contenders. I'm also putting in applications at various other places around town in case those don't pan out. I need the money! I'm down to $30 in my bank account for the month. Amazing how rent and getting here to Austin vaporized my assets. I'm so happy to be here though. Austin Rocks! Tonight there's a dance, a free movie at the theatre, events at BookPeople, etc. etc., not to mention all of the free music going on every night downtown.

I'm going crazy without something contructive to do with my hands. For lack of a job, I've actually been cleaning around the house. ( Gasp! ) For some reason I'm a ball of energy lately, but I've only been averaging 4 hours of sleep a night for the past month. I think it's because I recently took myself off of anti-depressents. I seem to go in cycles...sometimes I really need them, and other times they just put me to sleep.

Last night Fred and I ended up lounging on the couch, talking till 2am while I hunted for jobs on the computer. Even though it was in the 50''s-60's outside, we had a fire going in the massive fireplace. Fred has gone through 1 1/2 cords of firewood this season already, and it's only gotten to freezing here in Austin once this winter. Do I detect a pyromaniac?

No comments: