Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sunday

I stretched, opened my eyes, and looked out the window at the head of my bed. It was raining outside, misty and grey, quiet. The ivy was glistening and green, wrapped around the rough, grey trunks of the oak trees in the yard. I turned over and looked at my watch. It was 10am. Wow, how'd that happen? I haven't slept in that late in months!

I guess it was inevitable...I went into yesterday on 3 hours of sleep, and then stayed up late for Kate's birthday party here at the house last night. We had so many people over, it was crazy! Fred had been up since 6am that morning, getting the brisket perfectly barbequed. Our kitchen positively overflowed with food. Fred's sister and her partner are both really big into cooking, so they brought over a devine roast vegetable and asparagus platter. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Today is a perfectly lazy Sunday afternoon. I'm sitting on the couch with my feet up on the coffee table, just enjoying the lackadaisicalness of it all. Maybe I'll get around to answering all of those emails I've saved in a folder, for writing back when I can put forth the proper effort...

No comments: