Saturday, March 11, 2006

What's this?

Last night I got to meet the girlfriend. Wow, she was really nice! We both seemed to relax upon meeting the other. Kudos Fred, you did good. I like her. :-) (Now don't let her get away...)

They're off on a fishing trip this weekend, leaving me with the house to myself. I promised to have the keg party cleaned up and the cops out of here by the time they get back.

I took stock of my money/food situation today and came up quite pleased. I have $13.32 left in my bank account and a handful of rice and noodles in the cupboard. Technically I'm not broke yet, and when I do run out of food, I calculate I have 105,000 extra calories stored up on my body. They didn't go away on the bike trip, so they must have stuck around for a good reason - this!

There's just something about Austin that makes me feel good and without worry. Normally I'd be a little freaked out about the whole money/food thing, but not here. I trust everything will work out a-ok, and that elusive perfect job will come down the pike soon.

There really is something going on with my psyche though...I feel like I've been in a cocoon for ages, that I'm just now stepping out of here in Austin. I'm discovering who I really am, becoming the person that I was meant to be. They must drug the water supply. (sluuuuurp) I've been drinking peppermint iced tea by the gallon today. And the brownies...well, the brownies met an untimely end. Sugar makes me happy!

Seriously though, I'm becoming ever more comfortable in my own skin. I feel like I'm waking up to the possibilities. Before I was just faking the positive attitude and running on faith that all would come to fruition, and now it really is. I'm half expecting to look over my shoulder and see a tall, handsome man in carhartts and a nice chest, carrying the ever-asked for million dollars, wanting to know if he can take me on a tour of the local bookstores/camping spots/yummy food places.

No comments: