Tuesday, March 07, 2006

ITunes Shuffle

I was just reading a blog of someone who lives here in Austin. They had listed the first 20 songs that came up when they put their ITunes program to random shuffle mode, and why they liked them/had them. I wondered what would come up if I put mine on shuffle. Here it is:

1) Ani Difranco - Amazing Grace
I'm going through a big Ani phase at the moment. She's good angst producing/reducing music.

2) Susan Tedeschi - Unnamed Track
I'm not sure what this one is...I uploaded this CD to my computer when it wasn't connected to the internet, so it didn't automatically get the song info, and I was too lazy to type it in. I love her voice...it would be awesome to have that vocal power!

3) Allison Krauss & Union Station - The Road Is A Lover
Always a perenial favorite, you just can't go wrong with folk/bluegrass.

4) Dar Williams - The Christians And The Pagans
A tongue in cheek song that so reminds me of my old days in Vermont.

5) Billie Holiday - Love For Sale
Such a smooth, velvety voice...the kind of music you turn on to eat dinner with.

6) Glen Tilbrook - Black Coffee In Bed
Formally of the band Squeeze. Hmmm, I just realized that most of these songs are about longing.

7) Primus - Too Many Puppies
Now how did that get in there? It must have been my alter ego who bought that CD. I do need a steady, diverse diet of hardcore music mixed in with the softer stuff. Variety is the spice of life! (Now where did I put my White Stripes...?)

8) Diana Krall - Stop This World
Originally introduced to her by Jesse, she's been popping up in the CD collections of everyone I've met lately. Great minds think alike!

9) Shelby Lynne - I Walk The Line
I discovered her on my bicycle trip. I love her voice!

10) Spoon - Lines In The Suit
An Austin Band, I ran across them via a compilation CD I bought that was put out by my favorite local radio station, KGSR.

11) Ani Difranco - Gravel
For a while on the bike trip, this was the song I would always click on first to write my journal by. It gets me all pumped up and ready to go.

12) Iris Dement - Our Town
You'll either love or hate her voice ... kind of like Kasey Chambers, another favorite of mine.

13) Ozomatli - Believe
I've heard them described as a combo of ska, funk, hip-hop and salsa. This particular tune is very catchy - it was stuck in my head through most of Florida.

14) Les Negresses Vertes - Face A La Mer
A form of electronica with a world beat flair.

15) The Blind Bloys Of Alabama - Wade In The Water
You can't help but feel good when listening to this...and have an urge to go to gospel services.

16) Jack Johnson - Good People
Ok, so I have a thing for him...talented and cute to boot!

17) Hooverphonic - Pink Fluffy Dinosaurs
I honestly don't know how they got onto my computer. I like them nonetheless. :-)

18) Bare Bones Blues Band - Party All Night
Just listen ... you'll understand.

19) Eleftheria Arvanitaki - The Bodies And The Knives
I discovered her through a compilation CD called Gifted: Women Of The World. I love compilation CDs!

20) Carl Orff - Carmina Burana
My favorite classical piece, ever! I'm going to burn it to a CD, so I can pop it into the awesome stereo system here and play it loud enough to rattle the neighbor's dishes. Ok, maybe not...but still, I want to at least feel me reverberate with the music.

No comments: