Sunday, July 18, 2004

Heather's new couch



Yesterday I went yard saleing and found a magnificent masterpiece of art masquerading as a couch. Originally priced $50, I managed to get it for $12.75. It was the highlight of my day. The couch is from the 1950's and is a dark purple velvet. It comes in two pieces and when put together, is about 7 feet long. It's supremely comfy. One half is perfect for curling up in with a good book. I haven't decided where I'm putting it yet, or in what configuration.  Once I do, I'm sending a pic of it to the people who sold it to me. One of the reasons I got it cheaply was because I promised to give it a good home.
 
Purple and green is my favorite color combination of all time. The green on my walls is splendid with the new purple couch. I have a purple end table that will look smashing when paired with it. The green really looks pukish in these pictures when in reality it's quite nice. If you'd like to see what it looks like really, go to Wal-Mart and get the Dutch Boy colors brochure. My green is called Wasabi Taste. If for some reason you want the same color, the mixing instructions are on the back. Any paint store can use it them with any brand of paint. I bought $10/gallon Wal-Mart paint myself. My ceiling is called Golden Tan and is found in the regular paint chip section. It looks very preppy together.

No comments: